Home Remedy Cat Repellent
Home Remedy Cat Repellent: How to Make an Effective cat repellent? All cats are different and what works on one may not work on the other, so there are many home remedy cat repellent methods discovered to use for repelling cats in an effective manner. Aside from the effective and affordable Nature’s MACE Animal Repellent, you can also make a homemade cat repellent when you got out of stock in your cabinet.
Eucalyptus and lemon
Lemon may be a symbol of freshness for humans, but it is off-putting for animals, most especially for cats. Eucalyptus oil can be used to repel cats, and you will even be able to repel other animals like mosquitoes, fleas, and others.
- Mix all the ingredients into a spray bottle. The ingredients are 20 drops of eucalyptus oil, 10 drops of lemon oil or the zest of lemon, and one liter of water.
- Spray this repellent in the areas where they usually go to. However, you need to take care not to apply too much of it directly to the foliage, as eucalyptus can be detrimental to the health of other herbs and plants.
- Note to keep away this home remedy cat repellent from children. This is for the reason that eucalyptus oil is toxic in high doses for children. While this amount is much more than the amount that is described in the recipe, it would be best to prevent the stuff just how the cats will do. You must not spray directly on cats. If cats have been ingested with essential oils, it can bring toxic to them.
Lavender, cinnamon, and rosemary
- In a heatproof container, place three cups of boiling water. Add three tablespoons of each of the dried lavender, cinnamon, and rosemary.
- Cover the container to enable the mixture to steep for a few hours, or even overnight.
- Pour the liquid through a fine mesh strainer, which is lined with clean cheesecloth. You can use a funnel for pouring the mixture into your spray bottle.
- Add 15 drops of orange or tangerine essential oil, along with ¾ cup of vinegar to the mixture.
- Spray the home remedy cat repellent spray everywhere you want to repel cats.
Witch hazel and Olbas oil
- Look for an empty dish washing liquid bottle.
- Add around 20 drops of olbas oil, or you can add more if you want a strong mixture.
- Add a great amount of witch hazel.
- Add several drops of dish washing liquid.
- Get the bottle filled with water, then shake well.
- Sprinkle around the area that is attracts cats generously.
Cats do not like the smell of black pepper, so this home remedy cat repellent is especially noxious to them.
- Boil one cup of water in a saucepan. Wait until the water comes to boil and remove it from the heat after 2 to 5 minutes.
- Mix two tablespoons of fresh black pepper into the water, and stir to dissolve.
- Wait for the solution to cool.
These home remedy cat repellent have been proven effective, but you may try the Nature’s MACE Animal Repellent if you do not have a time to do these recipes.
Leave a Comment