Repel pack rats naturally
How to repel pack rats naturally
This guide will share insights on how to repel pack rats naturally using homemade and organic solutions. Getting rid of pack rats is no easy feat. These rats have a way of invading homes in search of water, food, and shelter. Having them in your home isn’t just uncomfortable but dangerous to your health. Pack rats can cause up to 20 diseases, especially by contaminating food and water sources. So, let’s look at how to repel pack rats naturally from your home. Click for more product information…
1. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil is one of the best homemade sprays you should consider when worried about how to repel pack rats naturally. Peppermint oil is refreshing and can be used around your home, kitchen, attic, basement, and even outdoors. You can either spray directly on these areas or dip rags (or cotton balls) and place them around. The peppermint oil will be so irritating to rodents that it will keep you out of your home for good.
2. Pepper flakes
Pepper flakes are also a great way to repel snakes. That said, sprinkly regular pepper might become too expensive as you need to re-apply every few days. Instead, you could opt for a convenient rat repellent spray that contains capsaicin, the active ingredient in pepper.
3. Bay leaves
Bay leaves are also a great way to keep rats out of your home. But you must remember that if they eat these leaves (which they would), they will die. So then, you may also have to consider the inconvenience of handling dead rats.
No method is foolproof without making your home less attractive
Using the most effective spray without results is possible if your home still attracts rats. As long as these rats can access food, water, and shelter, they will try to brave the worst circumstances to remain. Rats are also pretty crafty, hence prepping your home is highly important. Here are the steps you must take:
- Deal with the infestation as quickly as possible
- Invest in cans for storing food so that rats can’t access them.
- Close all possible entryways using steel wool. For larger holes, use aluminum or cement to block them.
- Eliminate all holes in your windows, doors, and other entryways. (After doing this, you should consider using live traps to eliminate the rats stuck inside your home.
- Fix leaky pipes and other water puddles that rats might use as their water source
- Store garbage and refuse far from entryways to your home.
- Maintain a solid and pungent atmosphere using the ideal rat repellent around your home, kitchen, and attic.
Act quickly to repel rats from your home
One thing you must have realized while checking out how to repel pack rats naturally is that you need a combination of deterrents to keep these nifty critters away from your home. A must-have rat repellent you should consider is Nature’s Mace. As an intense solution, proven to deter rats quickly, Nature’s Mace Rodent Mace offers a great solution to keep rats out of your home. In addition, Rodent Mace won’t expose you and your household to harmful, toxic chemicals, unlike many rat repellents. So, get Nature’s Mace Rodent Mace today. Click for more product information…