If you are considering using snake repellents, you might wonder about their effectiveness and the best solutions to use. This guide will share with you everything you need to know about using snake repellents to get rid of your snake problem.
There are diverse snake species out there, and it’s always interesting to learn about them. However, you wouldn’t want wild snakes in your home. There’s a massive danger of you or your pets getting bitten by them. So you need to control the snake population on your property. This is why you might consider using a snake repellent. But then, are they safe and effective? How do you choose the best repellent product that will deliver remarkable results?
How do snake repellents work?
Like other repellents, snake repellents generally repel snakes from your space. These substances make your environment unpleasant to snakes and prevent them from finding food and shelter in your personal space. Generally, there are two primary forms of repellents for snakes;
- Chemical repellents; Chemical repellents work by emitting particular scents designed to discourage snakes from coming into that area. There are also special chemical repellents that are toxic to snakes, so they will avoid going anywhere near them.
- Sound repellents; sound repellents or ultrasonic repellents claim to emit noise at frequencies humans cannot hear but should be heard by snakes. However, sound repellents are debatable and may offer mixed results.
Are there any side effects of using snake repellents?
Generally, there are many pest control products out there that contain toxic ingredients that will not only harm the pest but equally cause harm to the environment. Therefore, it is essential to look out for snake repellent products made from natural ingredients to avoid this problem.
How to determine the best repellent products
It’s crucial to consider your safety and that of the environment when choosing your repellent spray. That way, you can avoid accidentally poisoning your pets and even the plants on your property.
Some repellents offer more protection than others. Consider a repellent that can handle damage from elements. This means they won’t be washed off from your property by rain or wind. Regardless, all formulas wash off after some time and require re-application. But choosing a snake repellent that lasts longer than others is a fantastic idea.
How many snake species can your repellent discourage from your property? When dealing with snakes, it’s crucial that your repellent solution can deal with a broad range of them, such as copperheads, water moccasins, cottonmouths, rattlesnakes, and lots more. This is because you wouldn’t know which snakes to be on the lookout for.
Additional ways to keep snakes away
While using repellents, you also want to ensure you are following the correct practices to avoid sabotaging the effects of your repellents. Here are some measures to take:
- Snakes are known to eat moles, voles, insects, fish, birds, and frogs. So you can deter them by avoiding creating food sources that would attract their prey in the first place.
- Snakes love dark, damp spaces and can live and hide in holes, crevices, and cracks. So, you need to repair and eliminate all such hiding spaces from your property. Also, repair and replace damaged screens on doors and windows. Look out for damaged gutters, piping, and ventilation ducts as well.
- If you must have firewood, store them in lockable wood boxes and remove debris from your property, such as leaves, straw mulch, and wood chip mulch.
- Install snake-proof fencing made from catch nets, plastic sheets, or steel mesh. No matter the material, ensure the fencing is flush with the ground and angled outward at over 3 to 4 feet dip.
Snake repellents are an essential defense against reptiles. This is why you need to choose an excellent formulation that can effectively discourage snakes from your outdoor space for as long as possible.
Nature’s MACE brings a powerful repellent that combines specifically tailored scents and odors found in nature to repel snakes from your property. Snake MACE repellent is non-toxic, biodegradable, and environmentally friendly. You will especially love that your Snake MACE come in granular form, which also increases their effectiveness. So, your repellent may last up to 4 months before requiring re-application to maintain protection. These granules are also safe for use around pets, plants, and children. Get your Snake MACE today and eliminate the hassles of dealing with these dangerous pests for good.